A documentary film about the life of Malala Yousafzai will be screened at the London Film Festival tonight ahead of its release next month.
'He Called Me Malala' tells the story of Birmingham's own Nobel Peace Prize winner.
So who is Malala?
- Born 12 July 1997 in Mingora, a town in the Swat District of north-west Pakistan.
- Her father ran a nearby school and was an outspoken critic of Taliban attempts to restrict education and stop girls going to school.
- In 2009, Malala begins writing a blog for the BBC's Urdu service about her fears that her school would be attacked.
- Awarded Pakistan's first National Youth Peace Prize in 2011.
- Continues to speak out about the importance of education, despite death threats from the Taliban.
- On 9 October, 2012, Malala was shot through the head, shoulder and neck by a masked Taliban gunman.
- She survived the initial attack and was flown to Birmingham in a critical condition.
- In 2014, Malala won the Nobel Peace Prize.