The mother of teenage fundraiser Stephen Sutton has announced that she will be climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in October.
She'll be carrying on her son's fundraising legacy by raising money for Teenage Cancer Trust. The charity supported Stephen, from Burntwood in Staffordshire, throughout his battle with bowel cancer, which he lost in 2014. He was diagnosed when he was 15.
His mum's 10-day trek up Africa’s highest mountain will take place in early October 2016.
Stephen inspired hundreds of thousands of people across the world with his positive attitude and ‘bucket list’ of things he wanted to achieve in the time he had left.
His fundraising has now reached over £5.5 million.
Stephen's money is being spent on:
- Specialist units where young people with cancer can get their treatment and can meet others going through the same thing
- Training specialist nursing and support staff
- Providing digital information for young people about cancer
- Helping more young people attend events
- Helping to expand and develop the charity's education programme