After claiming the first ever Gold for female British hockey Lily Owsley told ITV News Central that her inspiration was fellow athlete - her brother - who inspired her to always push for the best.
How the Midlands helped to claim Gold:
- Giselle Ansley, Maddie Hinch, Hannah MacLeod, Laura Unsworth and Nicola White are all from Loughborough University.
- Lily Owsley went to Birmingham University.
- Laura Unsworth is from Sutton Coldfield
- Crista Cullen is from Boston and played for Leicester ladies.
- Hollie Webb is from Belper.
- Helen Richardson Walsh is from West Bridgford.
Helen Richardson Walsh took one of the crucial penalty shoot outs. She said the team had been practising their shoot outs and had confidence that Maddie Hinch would save at least three.
She says they even practiced walking up to the spot to take the penalty.
She paid tribute to her family, especially her older brothers, and West Bridgford hockey club which she said gave her a great grounding.