Full report by ITV News Central reporter Chris Halpin
Sports Direct will offer its casual retail staff guaranteed hours instead of zero-hours contracts and ensure all warehouse staff are paid above the National Minimum Wage following a review into working practices at the retailer.
Here is how people have been responding:
- TUC general secretary Frances O'Grady said:
- Resolution Foundation policy analyst Conor D'Arcy said:
- Jon Trickett, Labour's shadow business secretary, said:
- Co-leader of the Green Party Jonathan Bartley said:
- A Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy spokesman said: