The launch of a campaign to raise funds for a new police memorial has been postponed.
The drive for a UK Police Memorial at the National Memorial Arboretum inStaffordshire had been scheduled to launch today (19 April), a month after Pc Keith Palmer and four others were killed in the Westminster terror attack.
Instead, the campaign will now be launched in mid May - on a date to be confirmed.
The Memorial is to be inscribed with the names of more than 1,400 officers and staff who died from injuries sustained while carrying out their duties.
Sir Hugh Orde, chairman of the UK Police Memorial Trust, said:
The NMA is the place where the nation can go to remember our services and the men and women who have been killed in the course of their duty for their country.
The memorial will consist of the physical tribute, a digital memorial, aneducation programme and Living Memorial fund that will support the families of officers and staff killed in the future.
Home Secretary Amber Rudd said:
It is entirely fitting that those officers and staff who give their lives in the line of duty should be remembered with a lasting tribute.
The memorial will cost £4 million to set up and so far £2.5 million has beenraised. It should be completed by 2018/19.
Information on how to make a donation or take part in fund-raising activity can be found at www.ukpolicememorial.org.
Four other people were killed in addition to Pc Palmer and dozens injured inthe 82-second atrocity in Westminster on Wednesday March 22, which ended with Khalid Masood, 52, being shot dead.
Andreea Cristea, 31, Leslie Rhodes, 75, Kurt Cochran, 54, and Aysha Frade, 44, died after a car driven by Masood ploughed into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge.