The bin dispute that started in June has finally ended with a deal between refuse workers and Birmingham City Council.
The deal is:
- Grade 3 so-called 'leading hand' bin workers who were given redundancy notices in the summer will now KEEP their jobs.
- Their salaries will remain the same.
- Change of job title. Those Grade 3 workers will now become Waste Reduction and Collections Officers.
- They'll check that residents are recycling properly - with the power to stop collections if they are not
- Those same workers will also work at various waste depots across the city, not just at one
- They'll work a five day week instead of their existing four.