Flowers and tributes have been laid where the houses once stood.
Around 50 other houses on the road were also damaged and many residents forced to leave their homes over Christmas, with some being told they won't be able to return for months.
A relative of a nearby resident who has had to abandon their bungalow said: "It’s just a nightmare. It’s just a big mess."
The cause has been categorised as accidental and the seat of the explosion has now been identified. The explosion is attributed to a catastrophic failure of an internal gas pipe joint, in the floor of the property, and the escaping gas being ignited by a cooker spark generator switch.