Widespread disruption has been caused after severe gales of more than 70mph battered parts of the region overnight.
Drivers have been warned to only travel if necessary with delays likely on roads and trains.
Poor weather conditions are affecting railways in the Midlands, with overhead electric wires damaged between Wolverhampton and Stafford.
The CrossCountry service between Coventry and Leamington Spa is suspended due to fallen tree on the line. Tickets are being accepted on West Midlands Railway services.
The West Midlands Railway service is also suspended between Redditch and Birmingham New Street due to damage to the overhead electric wires. Tickets are being accepted on local bus routes.
Passengers are being warned to expect delays to and from Manchester Piccadilly, between Birmingham New Street and Crewe.
Service suspended on West Midlands Railway between Redditch and Birmingham New Street due to damage to the overhead electric wires. Tickets being accepted on local bus routes.
A number of homes are without power following high winds overnight. In the East Midlands there are 340 homes without power in areas including Long Eaton and Mansfield. In the West Midlands there are more than 600 homes without power with Wolverhampton and Rugby the areas that have been the biggest hit.
Humphery Perkins school in Barrow upon Soar in Leicestershire has been closed to due to a number of fallen trees that have fallen in the area.
A tree has fallen down in Devonshire Avenue in Beeston in Nottinghamshire.
There have been lots of other fallen trees in the region, resulting in closed roads or being partially blocked while work to remove the trees takes place.
- A449 Stourbridge Road Southbound in Staffordshire is blocked due to a fallen tree between B4176 Dudley Road (Himley Crossroads) and Holbeache Lane.
- A523 Macclesfield Road is closed due to a fallen tree between A53 Buxton Road, Macclesfield Road and A536 Mill Lane, in Leek in Staffordshire.
- A614 Ollerton Road in Nottinghamshire is closed in both directions due to a fallen tree between A60 Mansfield Road and B6386 Oxton Road.
- A15 is partially blocked due to fallen tree at A153 Grantham Road / B1517 Grantham Road in Lincolnshire.
- A16 Sibsey Road in Boston in Lincolnshire is partially blocked due to fallen tree near A52 Wainfleet Road.
- A52 Brian Clough Way Westbound entry slip road in Derby is partially blocked due to a fallen tree at A5111 Raynesway / West Service Road.
- Southwell Road closed in both directions in Kirlington in Nottinghamshire to a fallen tree and fallen power cables between A617 Newark Road and Station Road.