Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

Harrowing CCTV footage shows the last moments of a Staffordshire woman who dies in a fire

Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service has released harrowing CCTV footage showing the last moments of a Staffordshire woman who dies in a fire.

The CCTV clip shows the woman, who was not identified, opening her flat door to be met by thick smoke.

She walks into her home and those are the last steps she ever took.

A short time later, firefighters arrive at the scene.

Their figures can be seen carrying the woman out of her home, who sadly did not survive.

It only takes two to three breaths in a smoke filled room to be overcome by deadly fumes, which leads to Carbon Monoxide poisoning and can cause death.

We’re very thankful that the family have agreed to release this disturbing footage showing their loved one’s last living moments.

We hope that this will make people think twice before they investigate a fire or go back inside for any belongings as we don’t want this happening to anyone else.

That is the aim of our Get Out Stay Out campaign as while the majority of people do the right thing by getting out and staying out, we do unfortunately see some people re-entering burning buildings and they have suffered serious injuries or death as a result. It is really important to call us straight away and stay outside during a fire.

– Glynn Luznyj, Director of Prevent and Protect