Woman dies and man taken to hospital after suspected carbon monoxide leak in Cannock

Credit: Credit: Twitter @SnapperSK

A woman has died after a suspected carbon monoxide leak at a home in Cannock.

The victim, who was in her 70s, was found at a property on Old Penkridge Road this morning.

A 75-year-old man from the address was also taken to hospital.

A spokeswoman for Staffordshire Police said the death was currently being treated as "unexplained" but it is not being treated as suspicious.

The property has been made safe and an investigation is underway.