The body of a student who died after being attacked in Nottingham is set to be flown to Egypt for burial - almost two months after her death.
Mariam Moustafa was left in a coma after a street assault outside the Intu centre in Nottingham in February and died three weeks later on March 14 in hospital.
The 18-year-old will be buried tomorrow (Friday 11 May), following services in Nottingham and London earlier this week.
Mariam, who was born in Italy to an Egyptian family, was a dual Italian and Egyptian citizen.
Mariam's father, Mohamed Moustafa had previously expressed his frustration in the delay in Mariam's body being released and said his life could not "go back to normal".
According to Islamic tradition a body should be buried as soon as possible after someone dies - normally within days.
Nottinghamshire Police said that six girls were involved in the attack on Mariam but, so far, only one arrest has been made.
A 17-year-old girl was arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning grievous bodily harm in March but she has since been released on conditional bail.
Officers have previously said a decision on whether the incident would be investigation as a crime more serious that that of assault would be made following the outcome of a post-mortem examination.
But the post-mortem examination proved to be inconclusive and the force is believed to be awaiting the results of further tests.
Her death caused outrage in Egypt, where the Egyptian embassy called for those responsible for the death of a female engineering student to be "brought to justice swiftly".