Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

Large fire at Land Rover car dealership was accidental

  • Video from Twitter/@RoadTransportUK

Fire investigation officers have confirmed a fire at a car dealership was accidental. It was caused by fuel vapour igniting in a workshop

Crews were called to the Land Rover dealership on Mustang Drive, Stafford just before 8pm on Tuesday 6 November.

The blaze had already broken through the roof. It is estimated that 30% of the building was affected and several vehicles were damaged.

Firefighters worked overnight to bring it under control. No one was injured.

The fire ripped through the roof of the building and caused damage to vehicles. Credit: Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service

Brian Moss, group manager at Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service, said: “The fire started in the workshop and was caused by fuel vapour igniting.

"Cleaners were in the building at the time. As soon as the fire started, they got out and called us, which is exactly what we advise people to do in circumstances like this.

"Fortunately, nobody was hurt and we were able to bring the fire under control.”