Santander is set to close a number of branches across the Midlands, following a slump in the number of transactions it handles.
Here are the branches in the Midlands that are set to close and the dates they're expected to shut:
- Birmingham New Street (25 July 2019)
- Birmingham Acocks Green (2 May 2019)
- Birstall (27 June 2019)
- Buxton (27 June 2019)
- Coalville (11 July 2019)
- Corby (25 April 2019)
- Coventry High Street (7 November 2019)
- Kingswinford (6 June 2019)
- Leicester Evington Road (13 June 2019)
- Leicester Uppingham Road (9 May 2019)
- Nottingham 2 Clumber Street (12 December 2019)
- Oakham (25 April 2019)
- Shrewsbury High Street (5 December 2019)
- Wisbech (2 May 2019)
- Worcester Park (20 June 2019)
The bank said it is consulting with unions and will seek to find alternative roles for 1,270 employees affected by the closures. It expects to redeploy about a third across the group.
Following the closures, Santander will retain a network of 614 branches with its customers also having the option to bank using the more than 11,000 Post Office branches across the UK.