Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

Fatal house fire in Nottinghamshire was most probably caused by an 'electrical fault'

Emergency services at the scene in Collingham Credit: ITV News Central

A house fire that killed a mother and her two children in Nottinghamshire just days before Christmas, was most probably caused by an electrical fault, an inquest has been told.

Justine Collison, her eight-year-old daughter Isabella, and her son Harvey, who was five, were all asleep when the fire broke out in Collingham near Newark.

The blaze took less than 20 minutes to spread after it started in the conservatory. All three of them died from smoke inhalation.

The children's father, Gavin Collison, and their grandmother, survived the fire.

The coroner recorded a verdict of accidental death.