Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

Staff evacuated from council building after fire

A generator caught fire at Leicestershire's County Hall. Credit: BPM

Firefighters have been tackling a blaze at Leicestershire's County Hall, after a generator caught fire.

Staff at the County Council's head office were evacuated and fire crews were called at 8.42am on Monday 15 July.

Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service control said the blaze was being dealt with by three fire crews at the scene.

A spokesman for Leicestershire County Council has confirmed that staff were evacuated from the building when the fire was first spotted but were allowed back inside at about 9.15am.

Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service control said the blaze was being dealt with by three fire crews at the scene. Credit: BPM

A statement released by County Hall states:

There was an incident on site this morning where one of the generators in our grounds caught fire. The building was evacuated and the fire brigade attended and extinguished the fire.”

– County Hall spokesperson
Fire crews were called at around 8.40am on Monday 15 July. Credit: BPM