Christmas Day fire devastates family home in Loughborough killing two pet dogs and destroying all possessions

A family from Loughborough had to run for their lives on Christmas Day after their house caught fire in the early hours of the morning.

The couple and their four children lost everything in the blaze, which also claimed the lives of their two beloved dogs.

The fire reportedly spread from a wood burner in the detached Deane Street property's in living room and caught the Christmas tree, before spreading to the rest of the house.

The house in Deane Street is now boarded up Credit: ITV News Central

Nobody was seriously injured in the fire and the family are now staying with relatives nearby.

A Go Fund Me collection has been started to help the couple and their children, which has so far raised over £2,000.