A joint letter has been sent to the Prime Minister today (13th January) from Birmingham MPs urging him to deliver HS2.
The letter, signed by nine cross-party Birmingham MPs, has been co-ordinated by Birmingham Edgbaston MP for the Labour Party, Preet Kaur Gill.
It asks for HS2 to be delivered for the benefit of ‘Birmingham, the West Midlands and the UK.'
The letter says that "[HS2] is a vital part of any re-balancing of the economy to ensure parts of the country which have been ignored have the necessary investment to not only create new jobs and drive economic growth but also increase connectivity, expand opportunities and transform the region."
The MPs who signed the letter are:
- Preet Kaur Gill - Birmingham Edgbaston MP
- Liam Byrne - Birmingham Hodge Hill MP
- Jack Dromey - Birmingham Erdington MP
- Jess Phillips - Birmingham Yardley MP
- Khalid Mahmood - Birmingham Perry Barr MP
- Shabana Mahmood - Birmingham Ladywood MP
- Steve McCabe - Birmingham Selly Oak MP
- Andrew Mitchell - Sutton Coldfield MP
- Gary Sambrook - Birmingham Northfield MP