An online dealer has been convicted for a second time of killing a young woman who took toxic tablets marketed as slimming pills.
Eloise Parry died in April 2015 after taking eight pills containing the poisonous Dinitrophenol (DNP).
Bernard Rebelo, 32, from Gosport in Hampshire, was jailed in 2018 for seven years for the manslaughter of Eloise Parry, 21.
A jury deliberated for a day to find him guilty for a second time after the Court of Appeal last year ordered a retrial at the Old Bailey.
The defendant was accused of buying the powder from a chemical factory in China, and selling it on as tablets to people around the world, including Miss Parry.
The court had heard how the yellow powder Miss Parry consumed was often advertised as a slimming product, but the known side effects included multiple organ failure, coma, and cardiac arrest.
During the First World War, it had been used as a base material for munitions products.
Prosecutor Richard Barraclough QC had told the jury that online forums compared consuming the chemical to "Russian roulette", adding: "If you take it, you might live, or you might die."
Miss Parry, from Shrewsbury in Shropshire - who had been diagnosed with the eating disorder bulimia, became "psychologically addicted" to the chemical after she started taking it in February 2015, jurors heard.
The court heard that DNP was particularly dangerous to those who suffer from eating disorders as the toxicity level is relative to a person's weight.
Bernard Rebelo, who ran his business from a flat in Harrow, west London, had sold DNP on his websites drpharmaceuticals.com and bionicpharmaceuticals.com, which have both since been taken down.
The prosecution alleged that he did so despite knowing of the dangers of taking it.
Mr Barraclough said: "He knew it was dangerous, not only because one of his associates had consumed DNP and had suffered some of its toxic effects... but because it was well-known that any number of authorities and organisations were warning against the dangers of consuming the chemical."
Bernard Rebelo denied manslaughter, but declined to give evidence in his defence at the retrial.
Following his conviction today, the defendant was remanded into custody.
He will be sentenced tomorrow (Tuesday March 9).