A 'much-loved' grandfather has died after contracting coronavirus - his daughter has revealed.
Birnham Roberts, 82, passed away at Birmingham's City Hospital on March 18.
The former National Express bus driver, from Smethwick, had diabetes and had felt unwell since the start of the month.
He had been taken to hospital on on March 9 after being unable to shake his illness.
The 82-year-old's daughter Cherelle, 32, said his health deteriorated and passed away after testing positive for coronavirus.
She said her father was a 'beautiful soul' and would be 'greatly' missed by all who knew him.
The 32-year-old said her father's death came as a 'complete shock' to his relatives and he was an avid gym-goer during his retirement.
He also used to take part in weekly Tai Chi and swimming lessons
It is the second death linked to coronavirus in the West Midlands where the patient's identity has been made public.
Coronavirus: Everything you need to know:
- Check the number of cases in your area with our interactive map
- All the coronavirus information you need in one place - from health and work to what you can do to stop the spread of the virus
- Listen and subscribe to our podcast
- Your work, travel, and childcare rights
- How to protect yourself against the virus
- The most Googled questions - answered
- How to self isolate
- The new sick pay rules