Fire service updates

The latest updates from the Midland fire and rescue services.

Live updates

Farm and livestock buildings go up in flames

Residents and businesses are being warned to keep their doors and windows closed after a fire broke out at a farm in north Herefordshire.

The blaze has engulfed several buildings at Manor Farm, near Orleton, including those housing baled straw and hay, farm machinery and livestock.

All livestock has been moved to safety.


Warning to residents as industrial unit goes up in flames

An industrial unit in Leicestershire has gone up in flames this morning.

Around 20 firefighters are currently at the scene in Dixon Road, Melton Mowbray, along with the hazardous area team.

Crews are on the scene damping down after the fire Credit: Leicestershire Fire and Rescue

The fire is now under control, but residents living near the vehicle refurbishment firm are being warned to keep their doors and windows closed due to the smoke as crews damn down the smouldering building.

Woman rescued by firefighters after blaze in Sutton Coldfield

Fire at Cumberland Walk, Falcon Lodge. Credit: Erdington Fire station

A 30-year-old woman from Falcon Lodge, Sutton Coldfield, had been rescued by fire crews after she was trapped in her bedroom by the blaze.

Firefighters arrived at the scene at around 8am this morning and broke down the front door before finding the woman trapped in her bedroom.

She was rescued and taken to Good Hope Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Crews also rescued her dog but it sadly died after failed attempts to revive it.

Officers said the fire was probably caused by a cigarette which had not been put out properly and set the sofa in the living room on fire.

A woman was rescued from her bedroom after a fire started in the lounge. Credit: Erdington Fire station

Two injuries after fire at garage in Stourbridge

Two people have been injured after an accidental fire at a garage in Stourbridge.

The fire at a garage in Stourbridge Credit: Twitter/@Stourbridgefire

One workman at the garage in Hayes Business Park, in Lye was superficially burned on his forehead, and a man from a neighbouring factory suffered smoke inhalation. Both were taken to hospital.

The fire service says the blaze was accidental, caused by a worker who dropped a tool into petrol vapours while working on a car.

The whole building has been affected by the fire, which also destroyed 11 cars.

Power was also lost to nearby properties, and Western Power is at the scene trying to rectify the problem.

The road at the location is also closed, with 3 fire engines and an ariel platform still at the garage. The fire is now under control.


Two injured after head-on smash in Staffordshire

Two people have been taken to hospital after a head-on crash in Staffordshire this morning.

Fire crews from Dudley and Wolverhampton were called to the scene of the crash on the B4176 Himley by-pass in Wombourne at around 7am.

Two people suffered minor injuries, and were taken to hospital to be checked over.

The road remains closed at Pool House Road.

Firefighters tackle huge blaze at old primary school

Holt Road in Halesowen/Blackheath. Credit: Rachel Bishop

At least 55 firefighters are tackling a blaze at a derelict primary school in Halesowen, says West Midlands Fire Service.

Multiple calls were made to the operating room as the fire spread through the main hall and into the roof of the building on Holt Road in Halesowen/Blackheath.

Due to the amount of calls coming in, the fire service increased the number of fighters in attendance and the fire is now believed to be under control.

At least 55 firefighters are at the scene. Credit: Rachel Bishop
Load more updates Back to top