Fire service updates

The latest updates from the Midland fire and rescue services.

View all 96 updates ›

Woman rescued by firefighters after blaze in Sutton Coldfield

Fire at Cumberland Walk, Falcon Lodge. Credit: Erdington Fire station

A 30-year-old woman from Falcon Lodge, Sutton Coldfield, had been rescued by fire crews after she was trapped in her bedroom by the blaze.

Firefighters arrived at the scene at around 8am this morning and broke down the front door before finding the woman trapped in her bedroom.

She was rescued and taken to Good Hope Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Crews also rescued her dog but it sadly died after failed attempts to revive it.

Officers said the fire was probably caused by a cigarette which had not been put out properly and set the sofa in the living room on fire.

A woman was rescued from her bedroom after a fire started in the lounge. Credit: Erdington Fire station

More top news