The father of a four-year-old boy from Nottingham who died two days after being discharged from hospital has told a coroner about the moment he found his son collapsed on the floor.
Four-year-old Harry Procko was admitted to Nottingham's Queen's Medical Centre after GPs diagnosed him with gastroenteritis. He died two days after being discharged.
Harry's father Richard Clements was told by doctors everything was "in hand" with Harry's care when he was admitted on Friday, June 20 last year, Nottingham Coroner's Court heard.
The family, of St Anns, Nottingham, decided to take Harry home that night as his autism meant he was "agitated" and Mr Clements said his son would sleep better at home.
He said: "She (one of the doctors) said we could take him home but we would have to return him first thing Saturday morning."
When asked if he would have taken his son home if it contravened medical advice, Mr Clements said no.
I came back in and realised he was not moving about and I was trying to get some response out of him and realised he was not moving."
The family returned to hospital the following day, but were told by doctors he was "looking better" and he was discharged.
But on June 23, Harry collapsed at home shortly after Mr Clements left him watching television to make a cup of tea.
He told the inquest: "I came back in and realised he was not moving about and I was trying to get some response out of him and realised he was not moving."
Mr Clements began CPR and Harry was taken by ambulance to the Queen's Medical Centre, where he was pronounced dead.
A post-mortem examination found the cause of Harry's death was dehydration.
The inquest is expected to last until Friday.
Medical staff at Nottingham Children's hospital have given evidence on day two of the inquest into the death of 4-year-old Harry Procko.
An inquest has opened into the death of a four year old boy, who died days after leaving the Queen's Medical Centre with severe dehydration.