Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service has issued the following flood advice if there is an emergency:
- You and your family's safety is most important, so move them and your pets upstairs.
- Don't barricade yourself in a room make sure you still have a means of escape.
- Turn off your electricity and gas supply, if it is safe to do so, but do not touch sources of electricity when standing in flood water.
- Move your valuable items upstairs or to a high point in your property.
- Disconnect any equipment that uses water, like, washing machines and dishwashers.
- To stop flood water from entering your home, fit flood protection products like airbrick covers, sandbags and toilet bungs.
- In some cases you may be evacuated to a rest centre. If you think you may need to be evacuated during a flood, remember to pack spare clothing.
Here is some insurance advice from the government on what to do when your home is flooded.
West Midlands Fire Service has revealed how many flood related call outs they have received due to the severe weather.
There are still a number of flood alerts and warnings in place across the Midlands as the region braces itself for yet another day of rain.