16 well-known figures have been identified as suspects as part of Operation Whistle - an ongoing investigation into historical child abuse in Jersey.
Jersey Police have released figures concerning the investigation, which is focusing on abuse in institutions and abuse involving people in the public eye.
Due to the historical nature of the claims, 11 of the 16 well-known figures are now dead.
57 suspects have been identified in total, with 71 allegations received by police.
More than 100 witness statements have been taken by Jersey police since the investigation began in June.
Four institutions are subject to an ongoing investigation, and 41 named victims are currently working with the police.
Other key figures concerning Operation Whistle:
- 7 investigators on the team
- 26 new complaints since Operation Whistle went live in June 2015
- 33 of the suspects are deceased including 11 in the public eye
- 41 named victims currently engaged with officers
- 9 suspects arrested
- 13 interviewed under caution
- 2 charged, with 1 conviction in February 2016
- 7 released on police bail pending further enquiries or legal advice
- 3 files with the Law Officers Department for consideration of prosecution
- 31 on-going investigations
- 4 UK investigations aided by SoJP