People across the islands will gather today to mark Armistice Day.
A two minute silence will be held at Jersey's cenotaph and the war Memorial in Guernsey at 11 am, to remember those fallen in armed conflicts.
In Guernsey, the Cannon at Castle cornet also will fire to mark the start and end of the silence.
The gun crews will include members of the Guernsey Military History Company in First World War uniform.
Below is a list of remembrance events:
- 10.59 am: The siren at Victoria Tower will sound for one minute
- 11 am: Silence at the War Memorial in St Peter Port
- 11.02am The Castle Cornet cannon will fire and the all-clear siren will sound
- 11 am Silence at the Cenotaph in St Helier
- 11 am: A trumpeter will sound the Last Post at 11am in Jersey Library.
- 1:10 pm: A free talk by Nigel Smith from the Royal British Legion Jersey about the Poppy Appeal, the Centenary of World War 1 and the challenges facing veterans of conflict.
- 11am: Silence at St Peter's Church