Eighteen-year-old dies after taking strong ecstasy in Jersey

An 18-year-old man has died in Jersey, after taking "strong" ecstasy tablets.

Kyle Pringle was taken to the General Hospital, but died there just before 6:30am on Saturday.

Police say "the evidence suggests" Kyle's death was caused by consuming IKEA branded tablets.

Officers had put out a warning about the tablets over the weekend, claiming they are "stronger than expected".

Kyle was taken to the General Hospital, where he died

Police say Kyle was from St Helier, and his family have been informed.

Toxicology reports and a post-mortem are yet to take place after his death, and a report will be submitted to the Deputy Viscount.

Three arrests have been made and a quantity of the drugs seized, which are blue and yellow and have the word IKEA stamped on them.

Jersey Police are again warning people not to take this tablet, and to seek medical help if they do and feel unwell.