Channel Island environmentalists say new UK proposals to cut down on the amount of plastic people use, do not go far enough.
The Prime Minister announced today that she wants to eradicate all avoidable plastic waste within 25 years.
Both Jersey and Guernsey's governments say they support the moves and are working hard to clean the beaches of plastic.
However, environmentalists say the amount of plastic we use needs to be reduced and are calling for more action.
This weekend, conservation volunteers have organised beach cleans in Alderney, Jersey, Guernsey and Sark for 'The Big Channel Islands Beach Clean'.
- Saturday 13th January at 2pm: Platte Saline and Crabby from Tourgis Car Park
- Sunday 14th January at 10am: Longis from Nunnery Car Park
- Saturday 13th January at 11am: Meet at Grandes Rocques Kiosk
- Saturday 13th January at 11am: Ouaisne Bay from slipway
- Sunday 14th January at 11am: La Pulente from slipway
- Sunday 14th January at 11am: Dixcart Beach
- WATCH: Hannah Bechelet's report: