A brave young islander has been awarded for the care and support he gives to his mum who is paraplegic.
11 year-old Milo Baudains was named the 2018 'Young Star of the Year' after winning the category for 'Young Star as Carer'.
Jersey's most inspiring youngsters have been recognised at the Variety Star of the Year awards.
The event celebrates courage, creativity, skill and acts of selflessness from the island's young community.
Milo was credited for the 'wonderful care and support he gives his Mum, who is paraplegic. His mum broke her back in a horse riding accident in 1995 and has been a wheelchair ever since. She says her son helps her in any way he can and described how two years ago, when she broke her hip, Milo gave up playing with his friends to look after her and keep her company.
Many other youngsters were rewarded for a range of achievements at the ceremony:
Young Star of Courage Age 6-10
- Winner: Kevin Teles (10)
- Finalists: Lucy McKay (6), Daniel Canham (8), Eliana Lazzarin (10)
Young Star of Courage Age 11-16
- Winner: Charlotte Fernandes (11)
- Finalists: Joanna de Oliveira (11), Holly Noel (16) and Mafalda Oliveira (14)
Young Star of Community
- Joint Winners: Nicole (12) and Scarlett Camacho (10)
- Finalists: Harry de Gruchy-Wilson (6), Jayden Corley (13), Lexi Farrell (7), William Highfield (7)
Young Star as Carer
- Winner: Milo Baudains (11)
- Finalists: Mimi Eloise-Galvin (15) Owen Ballantyne (7)
Young Star of Sports
- Winner: Grace Greenwood (13)
Young Star of the Arts
- Winner: India Henstridge (13)
Young Star of Academia
- Winner: Tiago Alves (15)
The winners of each category were given £500 in CI Co-op vouchers, whilst finalists took home £100 worth.