Public sector workers will strike in Jersey today in a second day of industrial action.
Civil servants who work at Customer and Local Services and hospital workers will walk out for the full day, affecting the follow public services:
- Health and Community Service is asking people not to drop off specimens at the hospital as the pathology labs will be closed all day.
- Blood tests will be cancelled as the clinic is closed.
- All physiotherapy clinics at the General Hospital and Overdale are cancelled.
- All clinical investigations clinics have been cancelled.
- Non-urgent orthopaedic x-rays have been rescheduled.
- People wanting to visit Customer Services at La Motte Street are being asked to postpone non-urgent visits until Wednesday.
Workers who are part of the Unite and Prospect unions are expected to meet in the Royal Square just after midday.
It follows strikes yesterday by Customs and Immigration officers and teaching assistants.
Schools were closed for 2-3 hours on Monday (14th) lunchtime and some could still be affected today.
Meanwhile, ferry passengers travelling to Jersey were delayed as they had to go through customs in Guernsey.
But the States of Jersey is still saying its pay deal is final and there is no more money for civil servants.