People who were born and raised in Alderney and Sark now have new rights to live in Guernsey.
Politicians have approved a change in the law allowing people who have lived in Alderney or Sark for eight successive years to live in Guernsey.
The change is designed to reduce barriers for those moving for education, training or work.
People looking to move to in Guernsey from Alderney or Sark for education or training must:
- Have lived in the Bailiwick of Guernsey for eight consecutive years.
- Have lived in their parents house during that time.
- Be aged 29 or under when they first move to Guernsey.
- Be able to prove that they have a place in an educational institution or on a training course.
- Lodge with someone who already lives in Guernsey.
- Remain in education/training on a full-time basis.