Islanders are celebrating Liberation Day.
Follow the coverage below.
- 07:00 Jersey's flag is being flown above Westminster in London to mark Liberation Day.
The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) is flying the flag above its headquarters.
The UK Government department is responsible for the constitutional relationship between the Channel Islands and the United Kingdom.
- 09:35 La Ronde Concert Band and members of the Jersey Festival Choir perform in Liberation Square.
- 10:15 Parades marched to Liberation Square.
- 10:30 Special Meeting of the States of Jersey begins.
It is being streamed live to Liberation Square and Weighbridge Place on the big screen.
Deputy Carolyn Labey addresses the States.
- 10:55 The main parades have left the Royal Square.
- 11:05 Welcome and address of the Bailiff.
The Bailiff also referred to the achievements women have made over the past century.
He mentioned issues islanders are currently facing, including the environment, pay disputes, the new hospital and the role of the Bailiff, and reminded people that 'Liberation Day is a day to come together as one community.'
- 11:56 Union Flag is raised above the Pomme D’or Hotel
- 11:57 Union Flag is raised above Fort Regent
- 12:00 Celebrations begin
- 14:30 Islanders and visitors enjoying celebrations at the Weighbridge.
- 15:00 Slaveworkers Memorial Service with a wreath laying ceremony at the Crematorium, Westmount.