A gang of eight men have been sentenced to a total of 63 years 5 months in prison, at Jersey's Royal Court.
The Police began an operation named 'Raven' in September 2017 which targeted a UK based Organised Crime Group who were importing drugs into Jersey.
Raids took place on properties in the First Tower area and in St Clement in November 2017 where the police recovered nearly 40kgs of cannabis resin, with a street value nearing £500,000 and 405g of heroin with an estimated street value of £405,000. Large amounts of cash were also seized.
Jersey Police worked with Merseyside Police to arrest eight men, who were later charged and convicted over a 10 month period.
The men have been sentenced to the following:
The cannabis gang
- David Arrowsmith, 57, from Jersey. Sentenced to 4 years 6 months
- John O’Connor, 61, from Liverpool. Sentenced to 7 years 6 months
- Neil Andrew Heskin, 39, from Liverpool. Sentenced to 7 years 6 months
- Norman Templeton-Brown, 54, from Jersey. Sentenced to 5 years 9 months
- Paul Howes, 59, from Jersey. Sentenced to 3 years 2 months
The heroin gang
- John Anthony Banach, 49, from Jersey. Sentenced to 10 years 6 months
- Simon Reeves, 52, from Jersey. Sentenced to 7 years 6 months
Alan James Smitton was involved with both the cannabis gang and heroin gang, he was sentenced to a total of 17 years.
Top left to right: John O'Connor, Paul Howes, Norman Templeton-Brown, Alan James Smitton. Bottom left to right: Andrew Heskin, John Anthony Banach, David Arrowsmith, Simon Reeves.