Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

Fire fighters called to two barbecue fires

Jersey fire fighters have been called to two fires caused by barbecue gas. 73 of 1 Credit: Jersey Fire and Rescue

Jersey firefighters have been called to two fires caused by barbecue gas.

The first incident was at a house in St Martin where the flames destroyed the barbecue and started to spread to a nearby house.

Two firefighters worked to put out the flames and then inspected the house for any smoke.

The Fire and Rescue service is reminding people to check all gas hoses and cylinder connections before lighting a gas BBQ.

We are reminding people to check their connections are secure and if they are in any doubt to the condition of their hoses, to check them for leaks with a brush and soapy water or replace them if concerned.

– Jersey Fire and Rescue

Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.