Nominations have opened for the Betway Channel Islands Sports Awards 2019, which will be held in Guernsey in January.
The 18th edition of the awards will celebrate the best of local sport across five categories.
A panel of judges will be responsible for determining the shortlists for each so it does not matter how many times a particular athlete or team is put forward.
The criteria for each of the five awards is as follows - make your nominations here.
Betway Channel Islands Sports Personality of the Year
- Nominees for the main award of the night are likely to have performed well outside of the islands, though high performers at a local level will be considered.
- The person needs to either have been born in one of the islands, lived in the islands for the year in question, or have very close relationships with one of the islands.
- The winner will be decided by a public phone vote and announced live at the event.
PraxisIFM Rising Star
- This award - which is decided by a panel of judges - is designed to recognise a young athlete who has the ability and attitude to make it to the top in their chosen sport.
- The person needs to either have been born in the islands or lived in one of the islands for the last year and be under the age of 20 on 31 December 2019.
- High performance at a national or international level will have a bearing on the decision.
Blue Islands Team of the Year
- Any team of two or more people competing in the same event will be considered by the judging panel for this prize.
- Performance at a national or international level is likely to have more bearing than performance at a local level.
- However local performances will not be discounted.
Source Recruitment Coach of the Year
- Four coaches based within the Channel Islands will be selected by the team of judges.
- The performance of a coach's team or athletes will be a significant consideration.
- Their achievement with the resources available to them will also be taken into account.
Michael Lucas Sporting Hero
- This award is for someone who, in the eyes of the judges, has put more into their sport than could be expected.
- The winner is likely to be an ‘unsung hero’.
- Nominations are sought from across Channel Islands sport, however the winner will usually come from the island in which the awards are being held.
Nominations close on Saturday 30 November with shortlists announced early next year.
- Watch the highlights from the Betway Channel Islands Sports Awards 2018