Jersey's Christmas lights switch on will take place on Thursday evening (21 November).
The Santa's Parade will be accompanied by the Jersey Pipe Band, Le Petit Train and some festive characters, as they travel from Millennium Town Park to the town centre, switching on the lights as they go.
The parade begins at 6pm and will stop at West Centre, King Street and the Royal Square before its arriving at the final destination, the Weighbridge, where Santa will be when the lights are turned on.
A rundown of timings and events...
- 5pm - Parish Depot: Les Amis, Santa and Passengers are to board Le Petit Train and Sleigh.
- 6pm - Millennium Park: Jersey Pipe Band, Elves, Rouge Bouillon school choir are to join the parade.
- 6:05pm - West Centre Countdown: Lights switch on, with confetti canons, and St Saviours School Choir are to finish singing and join parade.
- 6:15pm - Bath Street: Lights are to be switched on as the parade progresses.
- 6:20pm - Boots corner: Lights turn on as parade progresses
- 6:25pm - Queen Street: Countdown and lights switch on King Street. Then lights will continue to turn on as the parade progresses.
- 6:35pm - New Street: Lights are turned on as the parade progresses.
- 6:40pm - Library Place: Lights are turned on as the parade progresses.
- 6:45pm - Royal Square: Frozen sing along, JADC Panto choir meet and greet, Plat Douet Choir, lights switch on with countdown, then fireworks and confetti canons.
- 6:50pm - Mulcaster Street
- 7pm - Weighbridge Countdown, Santa’s entrance, fireworks and final lights switch on by five-year-old, Jake Hutchings.
Jake Hutchings was named the Pride of Jersey Child of the Year earlier this year, after losing his sister Izzy last Christmas Eve.
Watch his story here...