The Government of Jersey have called on islanders to put children first.
The campaign, taking place on World Children’s Day, is asking everyone from businesses to the public to pledge support for young people.
The call comes after ministers and States members last year pledged to:
- Listen to children and young people
- Support families that need extra help
- Provide children in care with a safe, loving, secure home
- Expand Early Help
- Recruit and retain a professional workforce
- Make it easier to share data and information
- Ensure sufficient funding is available
- Publish clear standards and be held to account for achieving them
Jersey’s Children’s Minister, Senator Sam Mezec, admits that Jersey is not the best place in the world for children to grow up, but this plan is not unachievable.
You can sign up to support the campaign from 20 November here.