The States of Guernsey has announced a £5 million hardship fund for any islander struggling financially from the impact of Covid-19.
Policy and Resources President, Gavin St Pier made the announcement as part of an initial £30 million emergency fund.
The funds will not be used to help anyone who can already receive existing social security benefits.
Other fresh measures have been laid to help Guernsey's business community which include:
- Deferral of Social Insurance due in the first two quarters of 2020.
- Deferral of Commercial TRP, and encouraging landlords to pass this benefit onto business tenants.
- Deferral of rent payments to the States of Guernsey by business .tenants.
- Suspension of mooring fees for commercial fishermen.
- Establishment of a scheme to support banks in providing liquidity to businesses.