Jersey’s Fire Service has issued a warning about cooking on BBQs over Easter after they have attended three BBQ fires in 24 hours.
The Fire Service say they have attended fires in the past that started after people poured petrol to get the BBQ going.
Safety precautions to take:
- Never leave a BBQ unattended
- Do not empty ashes into bins
- Keep a bucket of water nearby
- Check your gas BBQ’s are in good order
Jersey's Fire and Rescue service have recommended people carry out a 'soapy water leak' test on their gas BBQ's.