Decking gutted in barbecue gas bottle fire

Guernsey Fire Service were called to the scene. Credit: ITV Channel TV

A gas bottle fire gutted garden decking at a home in St Sampson's in Guernsey last night.

Emergency services were called to the incident near Delancey Park at around 8:30pm.

It's believed a propane gas bottle caught fire, which spread to nearby decking.

Two fire engines attended the scene and police closed off the road.

An ambulance was also called as a precaution, but no one was hurt.