- 3 updates
A 28-year-old man who was rescued after a flat fire on St Saviour's Road is in an improved and stable condition.
He is recovering in the Intensive Care Unit at the General Hospital in St Helier.
A man was rescued unconscious from a fire in St Helier in the early hours of this morning, which led to 30 people being evacuated from their homes.
He's now receiving treatment in hospital.
And the service also dealt with a chimney fire, in what was a busy evening for them:
30 people had to evacuate their homes last night after fire broke out in a block of flats on St Saviou'rs Road around 12:30 this morning.
Fire crews found one person unconscious in the building, they are now receiving hospital treatment.
It is thought the fire started from cooking being left unattended.
The alarm was raised after residents of surrounding flats heard a smoke detector sounding.
It was a busy night for the Fire Service, there was also a call out to a chimney fire at Beaumont.