Advertisement

Fire crews blame faulty electrics for First Tower blaze

Credit: States of Jersey Fire & Rescue

Firefighters called to battle a blaze at a First Tower flat think a faulty electrical extension lead was to blame.

When crews from White Watch arrived at the scene, they were faced with flames and smoke billowing from a ground floor window.

Credit: States of Jersey Fire & Rescue

They put out the fire from outside the building and then went in, wearing protective breathing gear, to make sure no one was inside and all the flames were dampened.

The flat has been severely smoke damaged, but officers say as the door to the room on fire was closed, most of the damage was contained.

The crews had just finished their annual breathing apparatus refresher course when they were called to attend the fire.