Advertisement

Man in intensive care after Jersey flat fire

30 people had to evacuate their homes after fire broke out in a block of flats on St Saviour's Road. A man who was rescued is now in an improved and stable condition in hospital.

View all 3 updates ›

Homes evacuated after flat fire

Picture courtesy of Jersey Fire & Rescue

30 people had to evacuate their homes last night after fire broke out in a block of flats on St Saviou'rs Road around 12:30 this morning.

Fire crews found one person unconscious in the building, they are now receiving hospital treatment.

It is thought the fire started from cooking being left unattended.

The alarm was raised after residents of surrounding flats heard a smoke detector sounding.

It was a busy night for the Fire Service, there was also a call out to a chimney fire at Beaumont.

More top news