Advertisement

Fire in St Helier apartment

The damage after a kitchen hob caught fire in an apartment in St Helier

Eight firefighters were called to an apartment in St Helier this morning after a kitchen set ablaze.

Two fire engines arrived at the scene at 10am after reports of smoke coming from the building.

The fire appeared to have been started accidentally, by the hob being switched on unintentionally.

It then set fire to a plastic tray and other items left on the cooker top.

No-one were injured and the damage was limited to the kitchen.