Bonfire night could have gone up in smoke for a man who found a 17kg industrial firework under his bed.
The man, who lives in sheltered accommodation in Broughton, Salford, had won the firework in a competition.
The explosive was handed over to professionals after the man contacted Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service.
The firework itself is classed as Category Four which means it can only be sold to professional display operators. It is so powerful it can only be detonated with an electric current.
The firework was by professionals detonated in a remote location.
It is astonishing to think that this man was going to sleep at night with 17kgs of explosives under his bed.
If you find any fireworks in your home or anywhere else, which need to be disposed of, you can call 0800 555 815 and GMFRS will destroy them safely.