A man has been arrested after a woman was raped in Trafford.
Earlier today a 44-year-old man was arrested in the Stretford area on suspicion of rape.
He remains in custody for questioning.
The arrest is in relation to a rape that took place sometime between 3:10am and 3:15am on Tuesday April 4.
A 44-year-old woman was walking to a shop along Chester Road when she saw a man smoking.
She asked for a cigarette but the man said he would only share it with her if she walked to Old Trafford Metrolink Station.
The pair walked together along Warwick Road when the man crossed the road and beckoned the woman into the car park at Warwick House.
When she refused, the man dragged her into the car park and raped her.
Detective Inspector Carl Gilbert of GMP’s Trafford borough said:
- Anybody with information should contact police on 101, quoting incident number 851 of 04/04/17, or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- Greater Manchester is nationally recognised as a model of good practice in terms of support services available to victims.
- - If you or someone you know has been raped or sexually assaulted, we encourage you not to suffer in silence and report it to the police, or a support agency so you can get the help and support available.
- - You can call Greater Manchester Police on 101, or alternatively people can refer themselves to St Mary's Sexual Assault Referral Centre on 0161 276 6515, whether or not you want make a police report.
- - St Mary's Sexual Assault Referral Centre in Manchester provides a comprehensive and coordinated forensic, counselling and medical aftercare service to anyone in
- Greater Manchester who has experienced rape or sexual assault. Services are available on a 24-hour basis and people can access them via Greater Manchester Police, or as a self-referral.
- - Manchester Rape Crisis is a confidential support service run by women for women and girls who have been raped or sexually abused. Confidential helpline: 0161 273 4500. Black and Minority Ethnic helpline: 0161 273 4514.
- - Survivors Manchester offers support and counselling for adult male survivors of sexual abuse and rape, regardless of when the event happened. Contact 07919 246 267.