- Trafford Metropolitan Borough Council: CONSERVATIVES LOSE TO NO OVERALL CONTROL
Labour gained 4 seats here while the Conservatives lost 5. It was enough to take overall control away from the Tories.
- Salford City Council : LABOUR HOLD
Labour retain 50 councillors.
- Rochdale Metropolitan Borough Council: LABOUR HOLD
A third of the seats in Rochdale were up for election this year - with no changes from 2014.
Labour lead with 46 councillors.
- Oldham Council: LABOUR HOLD
Labour and the Conservatives both gained two seats, leaving Labour in overall control.
- Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council: LABOUR HOLD
There are 57 seats in Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council - Labour hold 51 of them. The remaining 6 are in the hands of the Conservatives.
- Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council: NO OVERALL CONTROL
Labour and the Residents' Association gained 2 and 1 seat respectively, but it was not enough to give Labour overall control.
As in 2014, the council remains under no overall control.
- Bury Metropolitan Borough Council: LABOUR HOLD
Despite losing a seat to the Conservatives, Labour held Bury.
- Bolton Metropolitan Borough Council: LABOUR HOLD
They lost 4 councillors, but Bolton remains in Labour's hands.
- Wigan Metropolitan Borough Council: LABOUR HOLD
Three seats swung to Independents, and two to the Conservatives, but Labour held 60 seats in Wigan
- Manchester City Council: AWAITING RESULT