Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

Warning to pet owners over the festive treats that can be toxic for dogs

Oliver managed to sneak a whole bag of raisins. Credit: ITV News

Dog owners are being reminded to keep festive food safely stowed away - after one pet needed emergency treatment.

A number of foodstuffs can be toxic for pets - and Christmas treats such as mince pies, Christmas cake, and chocolate are top of the list.

Oliver the Golden Retriever needed emergency treatment after eating a whole bag of raisins and sultanas.

His vet says they've seen a rise in the number of animals needing toxin treatments over the Christmas period: