Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

Megan Lee's parents plead for better understanding of food allergies

The parents of a schoolgirl who died from a severe allergic reaction to a takeaway meal are campaigning to businesses to be more aware of allergies.

Megan Lee suffered irreversible brain damage after eating a meal containing peanuts from the Royal Spice takeaway in Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire.

Her parents, Adam and Gemma Lee, have made a video with Lancashire County Council's trading standards department urging food outlets to follow proper practices.

The video contains pictures and videos of Megan as she grew up, as well as an impassioned interview with her parents.

Takeaway owners Mohammed Kuddus and Harun Rashid were jailed for Megan's manslaughter by gross negligence in November.