An oak panel commemorating a 'miracle' when plague was ravaging 17th century Cheshire is going under the hammer.
The 400 year old carving came from a house in the city that was "leapfrogged" by Plague - residents in every other house in the street died.
The house was on Watergate Street in the year 1647, when plague killed around 2000 of the city's 5000-strong population.
The original building was destroyed and rebuilt in 1652.
It was named God's Providence House - and the commemorative panel installed.