Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

House destroyed in Halewood after firework posted through door

Credit: Liverpool Echo Syndication

A house in Halewood was completely destroyed by a fire after a yob posted a firework through the letterbox.

Firefighters worked through the night to tackle the house fire at a terraced property on Marsden Road, Halewood.

The fire began around 1:30am this morning with firefighters called to tackle the blaze in the early hours of the morning. Merseyside Police has confirmed that they are treating the incident as a suspected firework attack and that an investigation is now underway.

The property sustained serious fire damage but no-one was injured in the incident.

The entire ground floor was gutted by flames and the rest of the house suffered heat and smoke damage.

Photos from the scene clearly show a bright orange firework still lodged in the letterbox for the front door.

Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service confirmed that firefighters were called to Marsden Road in Halewood at 1:45am on Saturday morning.

A spokesperson confirmed that the fire was caused by a firework.

Firefighters tackled the blaze at a terraced house for over 2 hours and two fire engines attended the scene.

The house remains cordoned while police make further enquiries.

Credit: Liverpool Echo Syndication